June 13, 2011

Carlo's Bakery

One of my favorite places that we went on vacation was Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken NJ.  He is the Cake Boss.  Although he wasn't there, his brother in laws were and the delivery boys.  This bakery is like a hole in the wall.  It is tiny.  You stand in a very long line, get a ticket and then you enter with about 25 other people squeezed in between shelves of pastries, cakes, pies, cookies, and sweets, sweets, sweets. 

It was much smaller than I ever imagined.  We hoped to see Buddy but if he was there, he was upstairs.  None of the sisters or his mother were there.  When we drove by on Saturday morning, the line was at least one (very long) block long.  We were glad we went on Friday morning, and waited for about 20 minutes in the line outside.  Locals say that there is always a line.  If Carlo's is open, there are people waiting to get in.  We couldn't tell if they were happy about that or not.

Here are some of the things they make. 



Me, my son Austin and my husband Gary.  They were good sports so I could go to the bakery.



















We were on our way to Albany to have dinner with friends and we wanted to take a cake.  This is a Cannolli cake that was to die for.  Very, very good.  It was dark outside when we cut into it, and couldn't get a picture until the next morning and this was what was left.




Great bakery and super nice people inside.  Hoboken is the first exit out of the Lincoln Tunnel from NY into NJ.  It is the place for young, trendy people with lots of eateries outside and tons of young professional, hip people.  This was a fun place to walk around.  I will post pictures later of the World's Largest Pizza Slices which is located up the street from the bakery.  They are so big, it takes two plates to hold one slice of pizza.  The price per slice.....$3.00.  Can't be beat. 

7 comments:

Jill said...

Everything looks YUMMY!

Mallory said...

Yummmmm! I've never heard of cannolli cake but it sounds delicious!

Tara said...

I love watching "Cake Boss" on TV.Everything looks so delicious..xx

Unknown said...

Hi Lanell~

Lucky you!! My mouth is watering just looking at the delish pics. :) I have great news, your lovely blog is featured as my New Neighbor on the Blog. Please drop by & see...

Drop By The Tattered Tag

LBB said...

OH SO YUMMY!!! I would like to try one of everything :D

LBB said...

OH SO YUMMY!!! I would like to try one of everything :D

LBB said...

OH SO YUMMY!!! I would like to try one of everything :D