March 29, 2011

Snickerdoodle Blondies

http://traceysculinaryadventures.blogspot.com/2011/03/snickerdoodle-blondies.html
There are some delicious recipes on this blog and the photos are beautiful!



Snickerdoodle Blondies
as seen on Brown Eyed Baker (originally from Dozen Flours, I think)

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan lightly with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and stopping to scrape the bowl as necessary. Beat in the vanilla. With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir the dough one final time with a rubber spatula to ensure any flour on the bottom of the bowl is incorporated.

Transfer the dough to the prepared baking pan. Spread in an even layer - I like to use my fingertips to spread the dough. I just put a piece of plastic wrap between my fingers and the the dough so it won't be too sticky. Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.

Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the surface of the blondies springs back when gently pressed. Remove the pan to a wire rack and let the blondies cool completely before cutting.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is one of my family's most requested treats. Yours look yummy. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your blondies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-11.html

Lanell said...

Thank you Lisa. They are so delcious. I joined your party and am now following you. Thank you for inviting me. I have been looking for just "baking" parties to join. This will be fun.