April 14, 2011

Cherry Kuga

Vintage Recipe Thursday



This picture was taken of my Grandparents at their 50th Wedding Anniversary.  They have both passed away several years ago and baking this dessert took me right back to her kitchen.  Of course my Grandma's tasted better. No matter how hard I try, I just can't make things like she did! 
 (Maybe it's because she used Lard and all natural ingredients right from the farm)!

1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 stick butter - if using unsalted butter, add just a pinch of salt into the mixture
2 cups flour

Work together until crumbly.  Take 1 cup crumbs out for topping.  Add 3/4 cup milk to the remaining crumbs.  Spread in pan and cover with one can cherry pie filling.  Then top with 1 cup of reserved crumbs.  Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.


Print Recipe

4 comments:

d e l i g h t said...

Beautiful photograph Lanell! Cherry Kuga has always been one of my favorites and farm fesh lard makes anything taste good!
Linda

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Lovely still life combining the vintage photo and the Cherry Kuga, especially with the pretty plate and the crochet placemat or tablecloth.
Farm fresh ingredients sure do make a difference. I'm going to try out your grandma's recipe. Thank you for participating in Vintage Recipe Thursday.

Jill said...

Everything's better with a big helping of sentiment :) I've never heard of this dessert, but it looks to be right up my alley skill-wise.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...you DO make things good and delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog! By the way...I do OCCASIONALLY make things 'not so healthy' - LOL! I will treasure your blog. Thank you!

~Heather