April 13, 2011

Strawberry Pie


1- 9" pie crust, baked
1 1/2 quarts fresh strawberries - (Fresh make a difference in the taste, I think)
1 cup white sugar
3 tbls. cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1 tbls. butter
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

Bake your homemade or store bought crust and cool.

Crush 1 cup of berries.  In a pan put crushed berries and add 1/2 cup water to that.  Mix sugar and cornstarch together and add to mixture.  Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for about 2 minutes or until thick and translucent, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and add 1 tbls. butter. Cool before adding to the cooled crust.

Take the remainder of the strawberries and slice and put on crust.  Add the cooled mixture and put in refrigerator until set. 

Whip the whipping cream or Cool Whip and serve.

Print Recipe





I linked up at:
http://www.504main.com/

3 comments:

LBB said...

This looks delicious! I will have to make this! Can't go wrong with strawberries :) YUM!

Mallory said...

Oh my goodness! That looks AH-mazing! I will need to add this to my to-do list!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Yummy! Can't wait for strawberry season. Your pie looks scrumptious.

Thanks for linking to the party. I would love to have you join me each week. Anything family friendly is linkable. ;)

By the way, I just joined you as a follower, too.

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/