March 14, 2011

Dictionary Covered Pillar Candle Stand

I have a huge dictionary from the thrift store I used for my dictionary wreath.  I am dying to use more of it.  I have two wooden pillar candle holders just aching to be remade. 

I got out the mod podge and started tearing out sheets of dictionary and covered the pillar with the torn pieces of paper.


I inked the edges with my ink pad to make it look older.  Then glued on a flower that had broken from a bracelet I wore.


I used my black candle and set it in the downstairs bathroom.


I like it.  It adds one more texture to my grouping.



Candle tip: Can't remember where I saw this, but once you have the candle you like, burn it down just a little way. (Mine needs to burn down just a tiny bit more so you can't see the tea light.)  Then put a tea light candle inside the burned section, and your candle will last forever.  You just replace the tea light each time it burns out.  Pretty Clever. 




1 comment:

LBB said...

I love this!!! I love how it turned out!! I wanted use up my dictionary paper & this will be a perfect project :)