March 12, 2011

Healthy Oatmeal Pancake

What's this you ask?  Lanell has a recipe for something healthy?  No butter, no brown sugar?  That's right folks.  I do have to watch my girly figure.  This is one of my favorite things to eat in the morning because it fills me up and it just tastes good.  I like to make one large pancake vs. small ones.  Sometimes I can't eat the entire thing  (rare-but occasionally)


1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese (or tofu)
4 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Process all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.



Spray a notstick skillet with cooking spray.  Add the batter and cook over medium heat until both sides are lightly browned.

I get out the big spatula for this puppy!


Top with low-sugar syrup of your choice.

Calories per serving:  288
Protein - 28 grams
Carbs - 32 grams
Fiber - 5 grams
Fat - 4 grams

No comments: