February 22, 2011

Carmel Puff Corn

This recipe came from my good friend Jill.  She brought this to a Christmas party and I fell in love. Head over heals in love.  My two favorite things in the entire world are brown sugar and butter.  This recipe is full of both.  My poor arteries!  This simple delicious snack is one of  my all time favorites.  I know I say that about a lot of stuff, but this really is.  Really.



1 cup Butter
2 cups Brown Sugar
1/2 cup light Karo Syrup
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
2 pkgs. Chesters Butter Puff Corn (Wal-Mart for 1.89 a bag in the chip area)



In a large saucepan bring butter, brown sugar and syrup to a boil, stirring constantly.



Boil for 2 minutes.  Add vanilla and baking soda slowly - it will foam up. 



 Pour over corn puffs that you have placed in large mixing bowl.  Stir well until coated. 
 Bake on large cookie sheet at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. 


Let cool on wax paper.  Break apart and ENJOY!

No comments: