February 22, 2011

French Puffs

These are my son Dillon's favorite muffins.  He likes to take a bite, dip in butter then dip in sugar mixture and eat.  Dip, eat, dip eat.  I remember the fist time I ever had them was when I was a teenager at early morning bible study and our teacher brought them one day.  I loved them then, and I still love them today.

Muffin:
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbls. baking powder
1 tsp. salt


Beat egg, stir in milk and oil.  Stir in other ingredients until flour is moistened.  Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. 



Topping:
1/2 cup butter, melted (in a seperate bowl)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon (combine in a seperate bowl)



When they are still warm, dip in butter and dip tops in cinnamon sugar mixture.





A delicious platter of goodness



No comments: