February 22, 2011

Melt-Aways

Another great recipe from my friend Jill.  My sister Michele also makes a melt-away that is fantasticly Lemon.  I like to add Lime zest to mine or just have them as the recipe calls for.  If you make them small enough, you can pop them into your mouth and they actually melt-away.

1 cup butter
3/4 cup corn starch
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Beat butter - add other ingredients until creamy.  Drop on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.

Note:  I like to take my dough and roll it into a tube.  I wrap it in saran wrap and put in fridge for about 30 minutes or longer.  I like to slice mine so that they are all the same size.  Either way, dropping or slicing they are delicious.

Frosting
3 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar

Beat until smooth - add a drop of food color if you want colored frosting.

No comments: