April 25, 2011

I've been given an Award

I received an Award and now I'm Passing it On.
This award was given to me by Linda at her beautiful blog called Delight.   Linda is my oldest sister.  There are six of us all together and I'm fifth out of six.  Her style is very chic with vintage touches and when you look at her blog, it is very calming and beautiful.  Thank you Linda for thinking of me and passing on the award.

So.....what is the Liebster Blog Award?

Some time (in the recent past), somewhere (rumor has it that it might be Germany), someone (I guess he/she was named Liebster) decided to do something nice for a whole lot of bloggers and started the Liebster Blog Award.

It’s an award you receive, but it is also an award that you give. If you receive a Liebster Blog Award you are asked to choose 2 - 3 other bloggers and send them one as well.

These are the *rules*: this award is meant to highlight small blogs. So the blogger receiving the award links back to the blogger who awarded him/her, and tags 2-3 people. For those I am about to award, I should also point out there is no obligation to continue this award. If this is not your cup of tea, don’t worry.

The first blog I would like to present this to is....


First of all, I love the wallpaper on her blog.  Take a minute and watch the Chandelier.  It moves.  So cute. Mallory has a great decorating touch.  Plus, she is so nice.  Some of her posts make me laugh out loud and some I just go back to again and again for ideas, like this one.

She turned those ugly light fixtures that a lot of us have....into this.


How cute are these?

Her bathroom makeover is awesome.

Go visit her blog.  You will be glad you did.  She has great decorating taste, she's done some traveling and I learned something else about her.  She and her husband are considered  DINKS.  I had never heard this term before.  Read her blog to find out what that stands for.




The second blog I would like to pass this award to is....

http://junkyvagabond.blogspot.com/

First of all, her blog is very clean, easy to maneuver around in and her photos are beautiful.  The title of her blog caught my eye right away and I was hooked.  I love looking through what one person thinks is junk and making it something special and personal.

The first post that caught my eye and I thought was so clever is her Mason Jar Memory Jars.  Very simple and creative way to keep items and mementos from vacations.  I wish I had done this when my husband and I traveled before kids.



This post caught my eye.  What a great way to display this old fold out ruler.  I want one of those.  My Grandpa had one in the shed on his farm.  It reminds me of that.




But one of my favorite posts is the redo of their cottage and the kitchen.  I love to bake and be in the kitchen and when I saw this picture, I immediately knew there was something missing.  I loved reading her explanation of this kitchen and totally agree with her decision. 


Visit Jill at JunkyVagabond.  She has some great little treasures in her blog and the pictures are perfect. 

I am enjoying meeting and getting to know so many people through blogging.  It's more than just looking at pictures, it's making friends with people who like the same things you do.  I hope you enjoy their blogs as much as I have.


4 comments:

Mallory said...

Thanks Lanell!! You are so sweet! :)

d e l i g h t said...

Thank you Lanell! You have a great blog and deserved the award! Still love looking at that white kitchen of yours!
Linda

Daniella said...

I swore I wrote just that in my comment!! but, i guess it was in my head. That I THOUGHT I'd been following you, but your blog said I wasn't!!

computers drive me crazy!

Thanks for following me! You will see, that I am a bit kookey!!
xxD

Junky Vagabond said...

Thank you for passing this award on to me Lanell! It's great fun visiting all the blogs and making new friends :)

Jill at JunkyVagabond