Graham Cracker Pancakes
Yield: ten five-inch diameter pancakes
1 c. all purpose flour (I prefer King Arthur.)
1 generous c. finely crushed graham cracker crumbs (from 9 graham crackers)
1 T. baking powder
¼ c. brown sugar
a pinch of salt
½ t. freshly grated nutmeg
1 t. ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 ½ c. buttermilk
1 ¼ c. whole milk
¼ c. (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
canola or other neutral oil for the griddle
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork and stir in the buttermilk, milk, and melted butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a fork, mixing only until combined. There will be lumps in the batter. Do not overmix.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat. When it is hot, drizzle in a little oil. When the oil is hot, pour in ½ c. batter per pancake.
- Fry the pancakes until bubbles form across the top and the edges look dry.